"God sets the lonely in families" Psalms 68:6

Saturday, January 15, 2011

October 15th Update

Today was a pretty uneventful day. Vica took 10 days off of work so that she could spend time with me. I spend everyday with Albina and Vica. It is actually a lot of fun to just have us girls hanging out. Vica is so patient and kind. She always uses the dictionary and it’s become a big joke between us that she is going to be learning English quickly since she is always using it to communicate with me. I am surprise that even though I have only been here for a couple of days, the language is coming back a little quicker. I think it’s because I traveled alone so I don’t have someone to speak English to on a daily basis. But I am glad. I am understanding a lot more than I did last time and it’s good for me.

I spent the morning looking through Albina’s photo album. She must think I’m strange for always wanting to look at pictures but I love them. They tell a history of my mother’s family. I can tell the rest of my family calls Albina daily because I can understand her talking to them. She tells them what I’ve been doing, etc.

Albina’s best friend came over this morning. She is the sweetest lady I have ever met. She talks a lot and is very expressive with her stories. I love just watching her. I sat down with them and talked a little. I can follow their conversations and even answer questions that are directed to me. She kept telling me I was intelligent because I could understand almost everything she was saying, until she started telling a story and talking too fast. She is a sweet lady. She thinks that Albina and I look alike. When she was younger, Albina had long hair like mine. Her friend started talking about the days when I left and when Albina found out. She said that Albina worked in a factory all day and could not take care of me. Her husband died 2 months before my mother died. She kept telling me over and over how heart broken Albina was when she found out I was gone. She talked about Albina’s attempts to get me back. Albina started crying so her friend said she would stop talking. She then talked about bringing our family over there to visit. Everyone wants to see the kids as well as meet my parents and my husband’s family. She said that they would make room for everyone and they could all sleep at her apartment too. She is a wonderful little old lady with such a giving heart. I can see why her and Albina are friends because they treat people the same way.

My cousin Larisa came and picked me up around noon. We went to the bank and did some shopping. Nothing too exciting. Larisa and Marius both speak English so it’s nice to be able to spend time with them and talk about stuff. Marius is an amazing chef and cooked a really good dinner and dessert for us. Everyone feeds me too much. You would think someone would lose weight traveling to a third-world country, but I get fed all the time, and I gain weight. The food is so delicious. And I eat everything that is given to me so as not to offend anyone.

I love being here because it feels like home. I know some people {dad} were worried about my safety but I am completely safe here. Not to mention, I am Romanian so my looks blend in. Apart from my terrible sense of direction, I would feel comfortable going out on the streets on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment.