Hi y'all! I am back! I feel like I've been so absent from so many things for quite awhile. Our fundraiser was in September and it was a success. I want to thank everyone who donated, helped and shopped at our event. We raised a lot more money than I expected and it was so exciting! I appreciate everything! I really do. Without your donations, I wouldn't have been able to raise a 1/4 of tha money.
First, I have to thank my husband. Not only did he help me by picking up donations, he also helped with the whole yard sale. He worked a full grueling week in the blistering Az summer sun, and then spent his “free” time helping me. He put in so many hours to help me organize the sale and get it done. Not to mention he handled all the money. I don’t handle the money at the sale. Mathmatically, I’m just not quick enough to instantly figure out the correct change so I let others handle the goods. I couldn't have done it without him! I'm a lucky girl!
I also want to publicly thank “Weez” & her man for letting us take over their whole driveway and yard with our donations. They were incredibly helpful. And stayed up way too late helping me set up and sort. I appreciate their kindness and help. It’s so nice to meet people who are so willing to offer their help. I am so thankful for them for letting us completely take over their lives for +/- 48 hours.
I also want to thank Marnie who was so awesome and stayed up with me til 4am to make sure our stuff wouldn’t get stolen, etc. It was a long night. And I also want to thank her for helping me sort thru and organize thousands of donations. As well as her kids who were so helpful and watched my little bugs for me. Thanks Marnie! You rock!!
Now that I'm back and my life has returned to normal, and the jet-lag has finally gone away, I will be updating you all on my trip. It was the most amazing experience and I can't wait to share the details and photos. So stay tuned. And I will apologize in advance if the updating is a little slow. I just started school again and it's not easy to do with little kids at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment.