"God sets the lonely in families" Psalms 68:6

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Have Reunited With....

Nicu ~ my older brother

Mihaela ~ Nicu's wife

Gabriela, Andrei and Cristian ~ my niece and nephews

Florin ~ my older brother

Albina ~ my Aunt (my mother's older sister)

Ion - ~ my counsin (Albina's son)

Viorica ~ Ion's wife

Razvan ~ Ion's son

Saveta ~ my cousin (her mother & my mother are sisters)

Vasile ~ Saveta's husband

Elena - Saveta's daughter - we are the same age

Rodica - Saveta's daughter

Aurel ~ my Uncle (my mother's brother)

Zamfira ~ Aurel's wife

Vasile ~ Aurel's youngest son

Alex ~ Aurel's grandson

Vasile ~ my cousin (my father and his father are brothers)

Luminita ~ Vasile's wife

Larisa & Mirabella ~ Vasile's daughters

Mihai ~ my Uncle (my father's brother)
*I wasn't able to meet him in person on my first trip, but I hope to on my next trip.

Maria ~ Mihai's wife

Niculina ~ my neighbor

** While on our trip I met a lot of people who remembered me when I was a little girl. I also have more family members to reunite with. I have several family members who do not live in Romania. Some are in Germany and some are in Italy. I also found out that I have a half-brother from my father's first marriage. We were not able to meet in person when I was there, but I hope to meet him when we return again.
It's been amazing to me to see how many family members I have that are in Romania. I come from a large family.

5 comments:

  1. That's incredible. I want to go to the Czech Republic one day because my dad's side of the family is from there. What a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing journey! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - That would be so cool to go to the Czech Republic to meet some family and to see where your heritage comes from. I've been told that one of my aunts (my father's sister) lives in the Czech Republic. I'd love to go there someday.

    Jes - Thank you. :) I've got more posts to do, but I'm still trying to customize the blog. I'm so close to finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been able to reconnect with so many people. Stopping from Mom Loop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JDaniel4's Mom: Thanks for stopping by. :)

    When I started making the list, I was really delighted to see how many people I've reunited with. I didn't include any neighbors or friends who remembered me. Basically, everyone in the village where I came from remembered me. It was really special. I only wish I could remember all of them.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment.