"God sets the lonely in families" Psalms 68:6

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Picture of the Day

Awwww. Isn't she cute? This is Aurel's calf. {Aurel is my uncle in Romania}. He has a momma cow and a baby cow. Living in Straja, which is a farming village in Romania on the Ukranian border, the people live a simple life. They are all extremely self-sufficient. My uncle Aurel has a farm with a milking cow, a calf and chickens. He also has a large amount of land that he grows crops on. They have a beautiful garden right in front of their house with many different fruits and vegetables. They also have a horse and wagon which they use for work {like plowing fields or carrying heavy items} as well as transportation. Almost everything they eat is grown on their land. Life there is simple and peaceful.

5 comments:

  1. I lvoe that they eat what the grow. I bet you a lot of ailments of people today would be reduced or eliminated if we ate what we grew and worked our own land. There's something to say about a peaceful life....Stopping by from SITS

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by from SITS to say good morning, love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, if only we could all live simpler lives....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, how cute! His place sounds really nice, wish I could grow everything I eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She IS cute! Stopping by from SITs to say hi. Love the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment.