You see, without Maritza my story would have remained a silent one. I would have never reunited with my family had it not been for Maritza, her website and her genuine kindness. When I first started searching for my family, I didn’t know where to start. I had posted a question on Yahoo Answers asking about genealogy in Romania. A lady emailed me Maritza’s website. To my surprise, her entire website was all about the village I came from. As I read through her site, I saw that she had helped other people find their ancestry in Romania. I got brave and e-mailed her asking her about my family. She responded immediately and called on her friends in Ipotesti to start investigating. One minute I was searching for my family and the next minute I was talking on the webcam to my brothers. Each day she kept e-mailing me more information about my family. I remember those moments like they were yesterday. How I stalked my computer day and night waiting for more e-mails. We constantly talked back and forth.
She is an angel. She once told me that she likes helping people with their genealogy. It’s a hobby. What an amazing hobby, huh? She does it because she loves genealogy. She told me that she was touched by my story and that she wanted to help me. I am not the only person she has helped.
Maritza – if you read this, I want you to know how much I love you for your kindness and for the angel that you truly are. With out you, my miracle would have never happened. One day we will meet in Ipotesti and I will kiss your cheek with my tears of gratitude. I could never repay you for your kindness. There are not enough words to express how I feel. Your kindness has changed the course of my whole life and brought me home again. You are an angel in my life.
Cu dragoste,
To check out Maritza's website go to: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/ipotesti-suceava/index_anglais.html
My hubby is big into genealogy, too! He's got his family lines going in every direction forever... Mine however is another story. Hopefully I'll find a Maritza in Holland & Belgium to learn more of my lineage. This was your immediate family, though!! SO COOL that you were able to reconnect!! The joys of the modern age and the internet!! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteYes Maritza! You are an ANGEL!! (((HUGS)))
Wow! I love that she helped you and this is her passion. It was meant to be! I hope that you do meet her and give her a big ol' kiss. What an amazing lady!!
ReplyDelete